Friday, May 29, 2009

Holy Frijoles, Batman...We're Walking!!

After lots of effort, and many bumps and bruises along the way, Isabelle is finally walking. I'm not saying that she is at the "totally-and-completely-balanced-and-injury-free" zone just yet, but she is definitely able to walk from one side of the room to the other. Granted, she looks like a drunken sailor when she does it (check out the video), but all her practice is paying off! Who would have thought a few months ago that my little ball of mush, who barely had the ability to sit UP on her own, would be standing up by herself and walking around the room? I kind of love it when she does a pseudo "downward-dog" inspired position, as if she were doing Baby Yoga, in order to get herself to standing. But my absolute favorite is when she gets really excited and starts walking with her hands above her head, as if to say, "Whooppeee, look at what I can do!!!". Two words: Izzy Rocks!

In other Izzy-related news (what else would I write about...this blog is pretty much all about her), my fantastical daughter is eating anything and everything under the sun....and yet Cow's Milk remains on her list of no-thank-you's. My May-born Taurus friend warned me when I was pregnant that I should try to go into labor early or hold out until the end of May because Tauraus babies are STUBBORN. Holy crap was she right! This child has been a stubborn, little mule from day one. No bottle, only boob....no pack-n-play, only crib....no sippy cup, only straw cups. JEEZ! Fortunately her pediatrician informed me that I can supplement her diet with cheeses and yogurt, and even orange juice that has been fortified with calcium, to help her get what she needs for when I want to stop breast-feeding. As it is, we've gone from BF four times a day to twice (morning and evening before bed) and Izzy doesn't seem to miss it all that much. As of two days ago, she stopped tugging on my shirt in public going "boo boo boo boo"...so thats a start.

The thing of it is that for all the huffing and puffing I do about breast-feeding, I think that I'm really going to miss it. Yes it is true that I felt trapped by the "timing" of all the feedings, and even more so because Izzy never took the bottle, but I know that I'm going to miss those moments that only I can experience with her through that time we have together. It is definitely going to be an adjustment that both of us have to make...and most likely, she'll have an easier time of it than I will.

2 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov! The hairdo makes it perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the video. She's really moving!

    re: BFing. It forces you to be "present" so I get the missing it part. But you've learned so much and now you know that when the next peanut arrives, you can make decisions based on real-life experience and not just what you've heard (which may or may not be true).

    KUDOS to you for doing it as long as you have. You win the gold. I fell off the medal stand.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />