Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm BAAACK

The holidays wreaked a bit of havoc on my blogging time and then, let's face it, I just got lazy. But now I'm back and in full swing mode...ready to blog away about Isabelle and all her funny (and sometimes annoying) antics.

MY TRIP TO MONTREAL
by: Isabelle

Let's start with a little tirade about the car ride...it was 6 hours long! Mommy and Daddy know that I hate the car seat for even 20 minutes, much less 6 whole hours. I know that Mommy tried to trick me into sleeping, but she doesn't seem to realize that I'm too much of a smart cookie for that maneuver and boy, did I let her know it. I gave her a piece of my mind for at least half of the trip and after all that, I really needed a beer...so Daddy let me try his (just kidding...don't get your knickers in a bunch. It was empty!).



Once we were out of the car, Grand-Papa showed me around so that I could get used to my new surroundings.

We relaxed and I had a nice cold coca-cola to refresh myself (just kidding again...I'm still a boob-chic who loves nursing all the time). I really loved spending some time with my Great Grand-Maman. It was the first time I was meeting her and she gave me TONS of kisses and hugs. She even cried a little when she hugged Mommy and Daddy and I think I heard her saying "Merci" a lot, which means "Thank You" for all you non-french speaking folks.

My cousin Frederick held me and played with me. I'm still trying to figure out how to say "You Rock" in sign language, but I probably need to gain better control of my hand movements first.



When I met my aunt Monique (Grand-Papa's sister), I was a little unsure of how to react, but then she and Grand-Maman started to dance around and sing. They looked so funny, I couldn't help but smile and have a good time.


By the way - for 84 years old...Grand-Maman is pretty strong. Her hugs are like vice-grips!


Mommy and I got dressed up for Christmas. I may have cried a little, but in my defense there were lots of people there and I got nervous...so sue me!


Daddy made everything okay though. He always makes me laugh.


I decided that before I went to bed, I would check Santa's pockets for any leftover gifts he may have forgotten to give me. I doubted he was holding out on me (I mean, I did get just about every toy in existence), but it never hurts just to check.

Hee hee...I found one more small gift, but I'm not telling what it is. It's my secret with Santa and since he just stands there and dances from side to side, I'm pretty certain he won't tell anyone.


The next day, I helped Grand-Maman bake a pie. I did most of the work, but she took all the credit!

As a reward for all my effort with the cooking, Daddy played my favorite game with me..."Find the Baby". That baby is just everywhere!

Not only did I cook, but I also helped to set the table. I am such an awesome little house guest.


Grand-Maman bought me a comfy, warm hat to thank me for helping her with all the holiday preparations.
Grand-Maman told me some really funny jokes and we laughed together for a long time.


I laughed so much I thought I may have had a little accident, so I took a moment to check. Luckily, Mommy was nearby to take care of the incident.


After all that partying, cooking and socializing, it was nice to be able to just take a quiet family walk with Grand-Maman, Grand-Papa and Daddy. But boy-oh-boy was it cold out there!

My first trip to Montreal was fantastic. I met lots of new people and family members and I can't wait to go back when I'm a little older so that I can join in the conversations more and play with everyone. Maybe I'll even be nicer to Mommy and Daddy during the car ride...probably not though. :-)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! What an adorable post! When is Izzy starting her own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay-welcmoe back! So glad you had a wonderful trip. Izzy is getting cuter and cuter everyday it seems :). I so wish we could get our two girls together, I know they'd have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />