Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Big Box O'Gifts!


Today, St. Nick visited our doorstep on behalf of Izzy's Great Aunt Karen. On our mini stoop was a huge box and inside it was filled with presents. We decided not to open any until next week before we leave for Montreal, but they were all from Aunt Karen and Henry. It's too bad that we live so far from them because AK truly has the touch. When Isabelle was really small, AK came to visit and when NO ONE else could get that baby to quiet down and sleep, in came AK to save the day. Perhaps it was because she once had a baby like Izzy (fussy, wailing, non-sleeping), perhaps it was because Isabelle sensed no fear with her (whereas with me she could smell it a mile away) or perhaps it was simply because AK had developed a patented swaying motion that the rest of us had yet to learn. All I know is, she is the only one that was able to get Isabelle to fall asleep in the car seat...and that is quite a feat. Makes me kinda wish she were free to travel with us next week. Isabelle loves her Great AK and you can hear her saying so in the bath time chatting video. I know that all some may hear is "Ba ba ba ba", but I know that she said, "I love my Great Aunt Karen"...I heard it when I played the video backwards (yes, my baby knows how to create subliminal messaging...didn't you know she's a genius?). Anyway - GAK (Great Aunt Karen), if you're reading this...thanks to you and Henry for the wonderful gifts that we plan to open next week and we can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />