Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm Going On a Date!


YAY! My husband and I are going on a date next Friday! My dad has agreed to "watch" the baby (there isn't really much to do since she goes to sleep around 6:30pm and I don't nurse her at night anymore, so he really just has to sit around in my house, use the computer or send emails with his I-Phone). Marc and I haven't been on a date in about a month so it will be nice to dress up (it's silly that I get dressed up to go to TGI Friday's , but I'll take any excuse at this point), go to dinner and out for a movie. I'm so lucky to have my parents so close by and, usually, available to help us out. We haven't really needed TOO much help so far, but it's comforting to know that they're nearby if, and when, we need them. My in-laws are in Canada and I would love to be able to see them more often. It is great when they visit...yes, a lot of that has to do with the fact that my father-in-law works like beast to help us with our home, but my mother-in-law makes yummy meals and is so wonderful with Isabelle (and of course we love just spending time with them). Now that Isabelle is here, I wish that the technology geeks of the world would invent those "travel pods" they had in Star Trek so that I could just pop in and have Scotty beam me to wherever I wanted to go. That way, I could take Izzy and we could drop by for a day visit with Mimmy and Aunt Linda in Florida, Nonna in Brooklyn, Aunt Karen in Texas and all our family in Canada. It would makes things so much easier. Thank goodness for the internet though because at the very least everyone is able to stay up-to-date on all of Isabelle's latest achievements and milestones, not to mention the thousands of photos and vidoes we take of her daily. And as an added bonus, they get to read my ever-so-in-depth ponderings and ramblings on this wicked awesome blog...woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Rock and roll about your date -- what movie do you think you'll see?

    T.G.I.Friday's was my absolute favorite restaurant as a teenager. Yay comfort food!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />