Monday, December 1, 2008

Diaper Check - Part II


Not too long ago, I posted about how new mothers basically live their lives around their baby's pooping habits. This still holds true (even though this is only 2 weeks later), but it has become even worse. I have been obsessing lately over the fact that my little angel has not had a "deposit", as my blogging friend refers to it, in 5 days. She has been straining and pushing, with no obvious discomfort, for a few days with no result. But today, as I was changing her and trying to "help her along", she got "it" (excuse me for being gross) halfway out, her face got all red and she started to cry. We have all been there so we know how uncomfortable, and sometimes painful, it can be, but we're grown-ups and understand why this happens. She's just a little munchkin looking at me with teary eyes that say, "Mommy, what the F**K is going on?". I feel horrible that I don't know how to help her. I called her pediatrician this morning and his solution was to give her 2 ml. of pedialyte in the morning and the evening and then if she doesn't have success by tomorrow to give her a glycerin suppository. Poor little thing! I can't imagine what it must be like to be so uncomfortable and not know why it is happening or how to stop it. I am hoping for the poop fairy to visit my daughter and help her with this incredibly difficult situation. I don't care if there is poop everywhere, as long as she is not in pain anymore.


We'll just keep checking that diaper!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor punkin. I hope she gets some relief soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! Hope the Pedialyte helps! Best of luck to you for posting every day in December! I already blew it -- I had a terrible stomach bug late Sunday night and wasn't able to move for 24 hours :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've had deposit success!! It's the worst when they're sick and you can't help them.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />