Friday, December 12, 2008

So much for that


Well, I tried. This was my first time doing the NaBloPoMo-post-every-day-in-December experience and I made it 9 days. I pikced the wrong month to try to think of something to write each day...what with Christmas shopping, visiting family and taking care of Isabelle, I just couldn't do it. We'll just have to try again next month.

On to recent goings-on...Grandma is off to Florida tomorrow for 2 weeks. Last night we had a mini fake Christmas, coupled with taco night, and Isabelle got even more gifts from Grandma (THANKS!). It's funny that as a child we can't wait for Christmas so that we can ask Santa (and relatives as we get into our teenage years) for the latest, greatest items on the market...and we have no shame in asking for LOTS of them. As an adult, you don't really get to do that anymore because it's considered to be uncouth. Then you become a parent and when your little one is too small to ask for things herself...you get to do it for her and it's like being a kid all over again. Only thing is you don't exactly get to enjoy the spoils, but it's still fun! Izzy has already gotten so many things from her Aunt Linda and Grandma Diane, not to mention the thousands of items Mommy has already been buying her since she was born (and claiming that they're Christmas gifts so Daddy won't get too mad at how much she's spending).

We're getting closer and closer to our trip to Montreal and the excitement is definitely building, as is the stress. I'm not stressed about seeing the family (I can't WAIT for that), but I am concerned about how the traveling and parties and events that are planned will affect Isabelle's sleeping patterns and overall mood. I am hoping that she will just be touched by the Christmas spirit and be an angel the whole trip, but I have a feeling that is one Christmas wish that is a bit of a stretch. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, no worries! You did your best. Still, 10 posts so far is not bad at all!

    Love the photo of Izzy!!! Such a cute dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little Christmas angel! I can't decide who she looks like more-I'd say she is a pretty good combo of you both :).

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />