Sunday, November 30, 2008

Making new friends at Grandma's Fake Thanksgiving

Yesterday, we went to Grandma Diane's house for "Fake Thanksgiving" and spent some time with Grandma's new boyfriend, his daughter, his son-in-law, his granddaughter, and his son. Isabelle met little Lyla for the first time and it was interesting to see how she reacted around another baby. Lyla is 3 months old and a super cutie. Isabelle was completely enthralled by her and her mommy. Lyla is the polar opposite of Isabelle when it comes to most things. For example: Lyla can and will sleep just about anywhere...the car seat, the swing, her mom's arms, or even the floor like she did yesterday, with music, talking or any other kind of noise in the background. They literally put a blanket on the floor, placed her on it with the music on right next to her and BLAMMO..asleep for almost an hour. You can bet that if I tried to do that with Isabelle she'd roll from one side of the room to the other as she screamed her head off. Izzy prefers to sleep in her crib with the shades drawn and her white noise machine on. This is what all the books recommend, but I feel like I painted myself into a corner with her sleep accomodations because I have to tote her pack-n-play and noise machine with me when I go to visit people and I have to make sure I find a relatively dark room. It's a bit ridiculous. Lyla also ENJOYS being in her swing. She sat in it for the majority of dinner, without making so much as a peep, while Izzy squirmed and cooed in my arms as I tried to spoon a forkful of sweet potatoes into my mouth....unsuccessfully.

For the most part, Isabelle was really good. She took some photos with me.

And she took some photos with Grandma (Izzy didn't seem to mind that Grandma just called her a "little boy face" because she is smiling).
She even took some pictures with her new little friend, Lyla.
There was a bit of fussing toward the end of the evening, but that is COMPLETELY understandable considering it was about an hour or so past her bedtime. I thought it was sweet how Izzy wanted to touch Lyla and the way she looked at her. It made me realize that we need to start going to some Mommy & Me classes so that Isabelle, and I, can start socializing. I have a feeling she's going to enjoy meeting other babies. She already likes Lyla (and the baby that she sees in her mirror).

2 comments:

  1. I've been physically attached to Thomas noise machine for years, and I agree it is a pain but the Pavlov effect that it still wields over him is well worth it!!!

    I highly recommend Music Together classes!! Thomas and I did them for over a year and it taught him so much - and the music doesn't make you want to stab a fork in your ear! Around here they even let you go to a class for free to check it out http://www.musictogether.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. We had so much fun too! Lyla and Isabelle are sure to be fast friends (and I think their mommies are gonna be too!).

    Hope to see you again soon!

    ~Allyson
    www.pocklock.com

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />