Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Diaper check!

Motherhood is about many things. It's about learning how to function on very little sleep, feeling elation when your little one smiles at you, acting silly in public to entertain your child, hoping that that little bundle of joy doesn't have a fit in the store, waking up out of a sound sleep because you think you might have heard a small sound coming from the baby's room, etc, etc,etc. But I have found that motherhood is mostly about...poop! I don't think I have EVER obsessed so much about the pooping habits of another individual until I became a mom. Whenever she makes a funny face or squints her eyes I wonder, "Is she pooping?". And when she actually does poop, I analyze the color and consistency to make sure all is going according to plan. It's a very glamorous lifestyle! When she eats something new, I worry about how it will affect her bowel movements. When she seems fussy, I think it's probably because she needs to go to the bathroom, but can't. I used to be a normal person who had normal conversations, but now I actually call my husband to excitedly tell him that our daughter finally pooped. I would say that is very far from normal. Ever since May 14, 2008, I have become unnaturally concerned with the details of poop...this is SO not okay. And I will talk to people about it! People I don't even know...about poop! I have officially left normalcy and have entered into crazytown...population me. So, if you have the inclination to talk about poop, you know who to contact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />