Thursday, November 13, 2008

I miss my friends



I'm going to have a super selfish moment... I miss my friends! Luckily I have some wonderful friends who have made the trip to see me numerous times, but I really miss seeing them on a fairly regular basis. It's not just having a child that makes that more difficult (although that is a MAJOR part of it, especially when that child won't take the bottle)...it's also not living in the city anymore and the convenience that came along with that. I always knew that when I was ready to have a family I was going to move out of Manhattan, but that does put a bit of a wrinkle in the ease with which I can see my friends. I used to see "E" every Thursday for taco night and "Grey's Anatomy" and I would see "R" and C" at least every two weeks just for brunch or manis and pedis and I'd see "J" everyday at work and for Happy Hour on Fridays (oh how I miss you Happy Hour). But in order to see my friends now, we have to set up a day in advance since I live so far and can't really travel without the babe (who still hates the car seat and doesn't take the stinkin bottle). When we do get together, it is SO worth it and we laugh and have a good time, but I definitely miss the spontanaeity of living in the city and calling up "E" to just hang out on a random Sunday afternoon.

On a more baby-related note...Izzy has been babbling up a storm lately. It's mostly just "ba ba ba" sounds (which reminds me of the scene in "OverBoard" when Goldie Hawn is going a bit crazy from all the madness with the kids in the house and the youngest boy says, in a strange voice, "All she keeps saying is Ba baba Ba baba"). "E", you'd totally agree! Isabelle is also rolling over like a champion now...especially in her crib. Every once in a while, if I'm not paying total attention to her when she's on the rug with me, I'll look up and she's about a foot away from me. If she's rolling that quickly, I can just imagine what life is going tobe like when she starts to crawl. At least I'll get some exercise in!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too sweetie! I like it when she goes "ba ba ba ba ba ba ba!" Classic! I miss taco night and Grey's and our impromptu visits but I have been enjoying our OTH Monday nights - 1, 2, 3 Play! Miss you and luv u lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />