Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's 2:30am...isn't it playtime?


I think that my daughter is going to be a party girl because she doesn't seem to have any problem being up at 2:30am "dancing" in her crib. By dancing, I mean kicking, rolling, and squirming. She also likes to sing with "ooohs", "aahhhs" and "babababas" for a good 45 minutes before going back to sleep. This has been the case for the past three nights...and I'M EXHAUSTED! Izzy seems fine, but I'm beat. Maybe its teething, maybe its gas, or maybe her internal clock is registering 2:30am as an appropriate wake-up time...I have no idea. The thing with Isabelle, and probably most babies, is that tomorrow night will be completely different from tonight. I can never really project what each night will be like and so, even though I'd rather stay up until 11pm or 12am to watch a show or spend time with my husband, I go to bed religiously at 10pm just in case the night leaves me with little sleep. I'll bet most new mommies can relate to the sentiment of, "Will I ever go out past 10pm again?". I probably could go out with my hubby here and there and have my mom come by to watch the baby as she sleeps, but I just don't think I'd have the stamina and I'd probably be worried the whole time about getting enough sleep that night. Not exactly the carefree, whimsical time of a lady on the town. But at the same time, it is inexplicably rewarding to see those chubby, smiling little cheeks in the morning and to inhale her dove-soap scent as she coos and babbles and starts to investigate the world around her. I'll just go out again when she's 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />