Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rollercoaster Ride


Just when I think I have my daughter figured out, she goes and changes things up on me. I know that this in not an uncommon occurence in the lives of mothers and infants, but it is still making for one heck of a rollercoaster ride. The last few days have been pretty great sleep/nap-wise and Izzy has been in a relatively good mood. But today, even though the naps were decent, I can only describe her mood as crabby. She'd wake up all smiles and within half an hour she'd have a sourpuss on her face or she'd be whining. What's kind of funny is how she would cry and then start to babble at the same time producing some really great sounds. Most of the day, she was in constant flux between sweet, munchkin face and full-on funji (pronounced fun-gee and meaning puffed out, pouty, quivering bottom lip initializing a bout of crying) face. Even though I hate to see her sad, I really love the funji face because it is just so cute.


Another part of Isabelle's Rockin Rollercoaster Ride is her sudden aversion to her Jumpin Jumparoo. Last week, she LOVED that toy and would bounce and play in it for a good thirty minutes (with me by her side of course, lest I leave her for a moment...demanding little diva). Over the past few days though, that jumparoo has not been on her list of "favorite things to play with". This just means that I am going to have to find other ways to entertain her, which I'm sure will be the case for the next 18-20 years. I don't really mind of course because I happen to like rollercoasters, but every once in a while there is a dip in the ride that makes me feel a little discombobulated. There is seriously nothing quite like motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />