Monday, November 17, 2008

Teething

My poor little bunny girl is teething. My mother-in-law clued me in to this when she asked me if Isabelle's cheeks were abnormally redish and starting to sprout little pimples. This has been the look that Izzy has been rocking for the past few days, but I was attributing it to the solid foods that get all over her face when I try to feed her. My M.I.L (mother-in-law) pointed out that this is a sign of teething and that just made everything click...the fussiness, the crankiness, the overall pain-in-the-buttness. Izzy has basically been a pill for the past few days and it's not because she's tired or hungry. She is napping beautifully (and I hope that lasts) and sleeping at night (it would be great if this would last too), but at random times during the day its like a cranky switch turns on and it is very hard to turn it off. It takes a lot of bouncing, walking, cooing, singing and/or dancing to shut down the crabbiness. I have tried rubbing some all-natural Hyland's Teething Gel on her gums, giving her a cool, wet cloth to gnaw on, chilling her teething rings for her to put in her mouth and massaging her little sore gums, but nothing seems to help her. I feel so bad that I can't alleviate her pain. She isn't quite cutting any teeth yet, but I have a feeling that that moment is right around the corner. Before you know it, I'll be sneaking into her room at night to grab those teeth from under her pillow and leave her a little something from the "Tooth Fairy". I hear that there has been some crazy inflation in the "Tooth Fairy" business...my next door neighbor's daughter received $20 for ONE TOOTH. I think our tooth fairy is probably going to be a little less generous...maybe we'll go with a few dollars and a book (just like I used to get).

2 comments:

  1. You know, Abbie's cheeks have been abnormally red lately too. I was starting to feel like a bad mom thinking maybe she had somehow been sunburned (even though I did not have her out in the sun)-but maybe she is heading down the road to teething as well. Hmmm . . .
    Love your blog :)
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few dollars and a book? Where was this tooth fairy when I was growing up? The most I ever got was $1. Usually it was 25 or 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />