Friday, November 21, 2008

Little Hands

My new favorite pasttime is to watch Isabelle as she intently focuses her attention on her little, chubby hands with her rubberband wrists and vienna-sausage fingers. She puts them in front of her face, stares at them and wiggles her fingers...mesmerized at the wonderous movements. She has also begun to grasp her feet and toes, not quite realizing that they are attached to her. This makes it difficult to change her diaper, especially with the added challenge of her squirming and turning to look at what's behind, next to, in front of and below her when she is on the changing table. I swear she is going to be running soon. Her hands have also become incredibly strong and her grasp is determined...I should know because she usually is grasping (and pulling) on my hair! Today, she wrapped her fingers around a piece of my hair, unbeknownst to me, and tugged so hard I thought it came out of my scalp completely. Her goal was to get the hair into her mouth, just like everything else, but she surprisingly listened to the gentle, yet firm "No" that I implemented. It may have been a fluke, but I am hoping that hair pulling is not going to be a new hobby for her. Until we figure it out though, I think I'll wear my hair back more often...and I'll refrain from wearing earrings as well.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to everything you write on your blog as Abbie is right there with Izzy. She too loves staring at her chubby little fingers and grabbing at my hair, earrings, or anything else that appears to be within reach :). How I wish we could get these two together! Good luck with Thanksgiving, I have a feeling Izzy will surprise you and be an absolute doll :)!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />