Monday, November 10, 2008

Success!


Houston...we have no more swaddle blanket! I am honestly so relieved to not have to wrap Isabelle up like a sausage every time I put her down to sleep. Last night went relatively well considering it was her first full night without the Miracle Swaddle Blanket. It took her a little bit to fall asleep, but then she was out for 5 hours. When she did wake up to nurse, she stayed up for about an hour, but then went back to sleep for another 5 hours. This morning around 5am, Izzy decided that she wanted to wake up, but I let her chill out in her crib since she wasn't crying (and since I didn't really want to start my day at 5am). She rolled all around her crib and lifted her legs over and over, bringing them down with a resounding "BOOM" on the crib slats. Once or twice, her legs went over the bumpers and through the slats, but it didn't seem to bother her. She did this for about 45 minutes and then went back to sleep for half an hour. The leg thing was pretty crazy and she gets around in that crib with the rolling, but my mind was definitely more at ease because she wasn't writhing around and squirming while wrapped up like a mental patient. Today she had some really decent naps swaddle-free and even nursed pretty well. All in all, I would say that today was a good day. I just hope that tonight is a good night.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amber! Congrats on starting a blog! I look forward to reading it regularly. This is such a great way for you to document what is such a special time in not only your life, but Izzy's and Marc's too!

    I hope you'll come check out my blog at http://ladysarene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great, Amber!

    I hope that the night was good, too.

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies - glad to have you read what's been going on.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />