Friday, November 7, 2008

A Much Needed Night Out (kind of)

In the last five and three-quarter months since my daughter's birth, my husband and I have gone out exactly three times: once for our one-year anniversary (yes, we got pregnant on our honeymoon), once for my 31st birthday and tonight just for fun. Granted, we only went to Applebee's and we went for dinner at 4:30pm (Yay- early bird special!), but it was nice just the same. My mom took the baby for 2 hours and we went and munched on some Spinach-Artichoke Dip and some burgers and just hung out with one another. It's funny that we ended up talking about the baby's poop...I mean, seriously? Even when I'm out, I'm thinking and worrying about Isabelle...ah, parenthood. Tomorrow, my close friend is coming into town and we are supposed to be going to visit some other friends (one of whom is visiting from L.A) and the somewhat nerve-wracking decision I have to make it whether or not to bring Isabelle with me. Now, if she took the bottle, this wouldn't even be an issue. But, since my beautiful and wonderful daughter so stubbornly refuses to take the bottle, I am in a bit of a pickle. Choice #1 is to bring her with me and risk her being a hot mess because she hates the car seat so much and will probably miss a nap. Choice #2 is to leave her home with Daddy, knowing that she won't take the bottle and feeling guilty the whole time because I'll know that she's hungry and probably giving Daddy a hard time. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.













"What do you mean you're going out?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5 img src="http://socialspark.com/images/claimdot.gif" alt="ss_blog_claim=432027e614412569e5310e1727cb4ed5" />